Wednesday, November 25, 2009

26 Days!

I'm having the "will I get it all done?" jitters with insomnia.

I think I'm close to the end of my list and someone reminds me of something I forgot.
We're both nervous but I think we're ready for the day to just get here so we can stop spending money, time and energy on it.

I think the fact that I've been very ill for the last year and the medicine/extreme diet I'm now on saps my energy, makes everything seem so much harder right now. At least I know ahead of time that he really will stick with me through sickness and health. (The plus side of this is that I'm dropping weight quickly, though, here's hoping I don't lose too much before the day of and end up making my dress too big for me!)


We're renting a party bus for the combined bachelor/ette party, since neither of us are interested in strippers and the only way to distract our friends from that is to have a bar hop with the driving done for them. Thankfully I can't have any booze because of my illness, so I won't have a hang over the next day for the rehearsal. I can't say the same for Martin, his Best Man, Joe, and my MoH, Stephanie, all of them like a good night out drinking.

The list that's left:
  • Stain the bows for the pews with tea to age them and add the ribbons from the wedding to them.
  • Put together the slideshow of us as kids and together to play on the wall behind everyone throughout the reception and afterparty. (I'm thinking of scaling down from the projector and just getting a large digital frame instead.)
  • finish making the embroidered tablerunner for the cake table (the embroidery is done - I just have to assemble it all.)
  • Put together the organization tubs with everything for the decor of the church sanctuary and reception spaces. (I'm not allowed to be there for any of the set-up or tear-down, per the request of my family and friends - so I'm making it super easy on them to put it all together without me.)
  • Buy bridal hosiery - the last piece of my undergarments yet to be purchased.
  • repaint the bars for the afterparty - we made bars for the Burning Man camp we used to be a part of, I'm sanding down the old paint job and repainting them to reflect us instead of a dusty art camp.)
  • Make the signs for the different areas: gift table, birdcage for cards, guest-tree instructions, box of fairy wings, box for food bank donations.
  • Talk to my daughter about her hair.
  • Confirm spa time for the ladies after the rehearsal luncheon.
  • buy booze for after party
  • hand out the catering pans for all the food the ladies in our families are making for the wedding.
  • buy the biodegrable plates and cups, and the sternos for the hot stuff on the buffet.
  • make the chili for the wedding. (I'm making vegan red and pork green.)
  • buy the meat with my SiL (my brother's wife) so she can make the turkeys and get everything ready to go. My brother and his family are storing and bringing the majority of the food, as they have an extra fridge in the garage that's currently empty.
  • Go to the church before the rehearsal with the photographer and my wedding coordinator for a walk through.
  • Go in for my practice hair appt with my veil (which I finished!! w00t! It's perfect, I can't believe I did it - took me 5 hrs to hand stitch the string of pink beads around the edge of the top layer and 2 days to figure out how to make the ribbons work on the combs but it's done! Whew!!)
  • Make sure the guys make it in for their tux fittings and to pick them up between the rehearsal and the luncheon.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. I'm normally super OCD and an artist to boot, the caveat that I not show up at the church until 20mins before the ceremony and not help put everything together is hard for me. Since I will not be there to see what I missed, I'm trying to not worry about forgetting anything before hand - this is hard as well. I keep trying to just breathe and remember that having my friends and family put it all together for me will make it even more magical for us when we finally see the big picture manifested.

No comments:

Post a Comment